domenica 17 giugno 2007

And it was all yellow...

Do you know that song by Coldplay, "yellow"?
well I feel very yellow these days, probably because the rain has stopped to pour and the sun came back to remind us that we're in summer and we're supposed to enjoy the nature and the warmth...
When I was a child June was the best month ever, school was over, my holidays in the mountains started...it was also the most beautiful month in terms of weather, with the right temperature and the place where I went (and where I still go) was not very crowded, so you could enjoy the slow rhythms of the life in the mountains...
In Serina, near Bergamo and San Pellegrino, I have a piece of my heart, I have the "adopted" family, I have a lot of friends and there are a lot of people that truly love me and my mom...you know, that people you have chosen to be "your family", not those you find as part of your family!
Well, don't ask me why but there the holidays were real holidays, probably I was seeing the world through the eyes of obvious innocence and curiosity, that only a kid can have...
the sun was "more" yellow, the fields were "greener" and the life was way much happier and more relaxed...
actually I rather be there now!
anyway in this golden-yellow mood I was inspired to do this corn-flour muffin with lemon yogurt in...they smell great and look gorgeous!
if you are interested in Serina and the Valle Brembana you can find some information here and here!(and don't forget San Pellegrino!)

Corn-flour and Lemon Muffin

110g flour
110g corn-flour
50g sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of baking soda
a pinch of salt
a pinch of nutmeg
24g of melted and cooled butter
25g corn oil
110g Lemon Yogurt
1 egg
Puffed rice as much as you like (optional)

Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F)

In a bowl mix together the flour, corn-flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl mix lemon yogurt, egg, butter, and oil until well blended. Pour the liquid over the dry and whisk until smooth. Now you can add, if you like, puffed rice, just to give a little crunchy texture in the batter…(it’s nice to have something crackling to nibble!).
Pour the batter in spoonfuls into the molds and bake 15-18 minutes until tops are golden and the usual toothpick test goes well!

better eat them sitting on the grass in a beautiful park, in a beautiful sunny day!(but actually they're good everyday!)

1 commento:

Narcissa ha detto...

I have the same love affair with the month of June...fond memories of childhood and summer vacation. Ahh. I am definitely trying this recipe some time this week, it sounds delish. I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. And that Coldplay song is now in my head for the rest of the day!